Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh, For the Sake of Poop!

I'm not sure if we are a normal household or not, but I'd like to assume that other families in the toddler-bottom-wiping phase of life are poop-centric, too.  Real life examples.  (Don't say I didn't warn you.)
* My 2 year old kind of requires an audience when she's working one out on the potty.  The more, the merrier.  She wants you to sit and give your undivided attention while she marinates you in her poo smell.
* From across the room if we spot our baby grunting and red in the face, our typical response out loud is "Push.  Work it out, girlfriend."
* I met up with a friend to feel adult-like grab drinks.  The bar tender asked for my ID and along with my wallet I presented her with a pretty foul poopy diaper that had been in my purse for who knows how long.
* I looked out the window a couple days ago to check on my kid playing outside and noticed her pants down and squatting.  My observations concluded that she was replicating how our dog "goes" in the yard.
* In the midst of giving my diaper-rash-prone baby girl some 'air-out time,' it's not uncommon to find a little surprise in a corner somewhere in the house.  I try to keep a good eye out so Marlow doesn't swallow whole the steaming hot fresh poo.  It's his favorite delicacy these days if he can get his paws on it before us.
*  Though they look similar to what could be a parasite, kiwi seeds in a baby's poop should not cause alarm.  This was only discovered after some intense inspection from the momma.

Bonus fact of the day!  For the record, it is possible (and not all that uncomfortable, actually) to take a dump using the Ergo while baby is on the back.  Who knew?

0 comments: