Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Very Hungry Vera-pillar

Anyone who knows my kid knows that she likes to eat.  Vera even knows where the snacks are kept at our friends' houses.  I thought I should record what she typically eats in a day.
For breakfast she ate through:
* 2 bananas
* 1 c. cooked oatmeal with honey and pecans
* a handful of blueberries
* 6 oz. skim milk
But she was still hungry.

For lunch she ate through:
* a bowl of chicken and noodle soup
* a large spoonful of mashed potatoes
* 10 red seedless grapes
* 5 carrot sticks
* 5 chunks of cheddar cheese
* 3 crackers with almond butter
* a cup of water
But she was still hungry.

For dinner she ate through:
* a bowl of applesauce
* 1 c. steamed zucchini and yellow squash
* 1/2 c. whole wheat spaghetti with cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese
* 8 oz. of strawberry agua fresca (purred strawberries, strained, thinned out with some water to make it drinkable in a sippy cup)

And finally she was satisfied.  She waddled to bed with a rotund tummy and fell fast asleep.

The End.

--
What'd you eat for lunch?

5 comments:

jen said...

it always makes me laugh to see how full their bellies look by the end of the day. so cute.

Christy Hutchins said...

I love love love this! Fantastic! Not only was it a cute Vera Story, but gave me ideas of what to feed my chillin's! :-) Love you.

Annamateur Photographer said...

She out eats me! But I would probably eat that much too if I had someone like you cooking for me. :)

JKreeger said...

She is my kind of girl! :) Love this. and you.

Danitad said...

cutest blog post I've seen lately. Vera eats very healthy, so great.