Monday, August 01, 2011

In My Not-Junk Box

I went through and cleaned out my 'junk box' a couple of nights ago.  It's where I store things that I most likely want to keep, but will decide later.  Do you have one of those?  Mostly it was full of old holiday family photos, hand written cards, and memorabilia from my past.  I've kept every love note that Chris has ever written me because I know how much effort it takes him to write down sincere words.  I definitely don't throw those away.  I did get rid of a bunch of invitations that I'd kept, some pictures, and random stuff from vacations.  I did find some treasures though.
One item that I'm keeping just for memory's sake is the below printed class schedule from my last semester at Purdue.  I especially like the blocked out nap times.  That's awesome.  And it brings me back fond memories of my Tuesday date nights with Chris every week.  Oh to be young and in love!
I came across a wedding photo of my mom and dad.  Priceless.
I'm keeping this lovely poster that friends put on Chris's desk at work in Indiana when he had been offered the position at AMD.  Too funny.
There's a bumper sticker from my elementary school days!  "Meadowbrook, Meadowbrook, what do you say?  We're the best in the USA.  We're good, better, best.  We never let is rest until our good is better and our better is best!"  Well now, I guess I've still got some Panther pride in me.

A funny photo of me from my sophomore year of high school.  I was in a photography class and classmates were often each others' subjects.  Your hair is ca-ra-zay.

Also found my hair piece from my wedding day and dog tags from my Army days.
And a stack of hand-written letters from my Grandma J.  Nothing like the original thing.  I love seeing her penmanship.  So pretty.  And it's fun to read back how people used to write letters; telling you about what's growing in their garden, what they did after dinner, and what the lady at the grocery store told them.  Good, old-fashion entertainment.
~~~~~
What are some items you keep just for memory's sake?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love reading your blog lately! Fun ideas for the girls and fun pictures of things from your life!! And I remember those Purdue schedules well :)

Christy Keller said...

I have a box full of stuff from my past as well. I still have my swing choir dress from Senior Year (rather scary-looking thing!), my Senior book, a Foreigner 4 vinyl album that I swiped from my brother, and other random stuff. I think I'll go through it tonight. It'll be fun!