Friday, July 08, 2011

What We're Eating

I usually grocery shop on Saturdays without kids.  But lately I've been sleeping in, going to a later Body Pump class, and then have to be home to feed Lydia before her nap time.  So I've started braving the task with both kids in tow on Fridays instead.  This is both good and bad.  Good because of no crowds.  Bad because of no samples to keep Vera happy.

Remember the days of flipping through cookbooks to get meal inspiration?  I still do that, but it's super easy to just bookmark ideas when they are posted, then gather the list for menus the next week.

Monday:  Pan-Seared Fish (whatever is fresh and cheap), Wheat Pasta with Sun GoldTomatoes
Tuesday: Black Bean Burgers, Carrot Fries with Tzatziki, Watermelon
WednesdayCinnamon Baked French Toast, Sausage Links
Thursday:  BBQ Chicken, Polenta Stack with Navy Bean Salad
Friday:  Amy's Chunky Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese


The ExtrasStrawberry Agua Fresca, Rhubarb Pie

1 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

You had me at carrot fries! (My obsession with tzaziki contributes to that a little!)