Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sleepy Time is Calling My Name

In the last 2 days I've worked about 30 hours. I can't even tell you how tired my body is. In the midst of it, I really regret not wearing some kind of support hose because I feel like I can tell when my veins are bursting from so much time on my feet. They feel like they are on fire and my knees still ache today. I know I shouldn't complain, especially when some of my readers are nurse friends who understand long hours of standing and the physical demands on your body...but I hear you guys get something called a break. What is that?? I woke up early so I could sing again at church today, which was super-fun, but I left right after the 'amen' and came home and slid right back into my covers. I love, love, love naps. I feel a bit more rested now although I had to peel myself out of the wonderful, little, dark sleeping cave I had going on underneath my blankets so I can sleep tonight.

The menu last night was:

Asparagus baked in Parmesan Pastry
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jack Cheese
Zucchini Cups with a filling of Sundried Tomatoes, Basil, and Feta
Corn Pancake Chalupas with Avocado Cream and Queso Fresco
Chili Beef and Sweet Potato Skewers with Chimichurri
Cheve Tartlets

Mini Strawberry Shortcakes with Marsala Mousse
Iced Sugar Cookies
Brownie Bites dipped in Peppermint White Chocolate
Bite-Size Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream

And as lame as it sounds, I might duplicate the menu for the annual 'Eat, Drink, and Be Merry with the Bonsers' Christmas party on Saturday. I overbought on some of the products, so I'll get to use them and feed my friends. I wish I could stop menu planning in my head (and dreaming of it, too), but I have to press on until business is done for the season. Rest will come.

I have the day off today and all I want to do is be a couch potato and watch Christmas movies with an ongoing cup of hot tea. But you should see my house. It has been neglected and looks abused. Laundry baskets are overflowing. This desk I'm supposedly using looks more like a landfill, piled with junk and mail and notes and...oh yes, the stack of addressed and stamped envelopes waiting for the Christmas letters to go inside. We alternate every year who writes the letter and this year is not my turn! :) You'll get one eventually.

Merry Christmas, folks!

1 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

I want the "Carey Bonser Blogged It Cookbook" for Christmas.

Everything you say you made sounds or looks soooo good!!!


Naps are good for the soul. I wish I napped more often!