Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blessed

After sleeping literally all day long (I woke up at 5:00pm), I feel like I'm a bit recovered from our Christmas party last night. 35 people replied "yes" on the Evite, 14 "maybe." So I prepared for 50 thinking not everyone would come that said they would. We counted 65. Yes, 65 people crowded into our 1400 sq. ft. home. It was a ball. I felt honored to be able to give that gift to our Austin friends. I realize that we know a lot more people than I think we do and we have been extremely blessed with friends since we moved here. It was cool to see the different groups that intermingled; AMD folks, old church, new church, and neighbors. I served a buffet of food that was devoured and left nothing behind. Always a good sign. I think everyone had a great time. I haven't started cleaning up yet and really don't have the energy to start picking up the mess, but we have an inspector coming on Tuesday morning because we are trying to refinance our house. Thus, I must get started.

I'm gearing up for my last 6 days of work, expecting 12-15 hour days this week. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a bug. Too much work and physical wear on my body. But after Saturday, I'll have a lot to be happy about since I won't be working for "the other company" anymore. We are also very excited to see family during the holidays. Marlow can't wait to see snow.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i can't wait to see you, i hope we can all get together! love you!

cory said...

wow, Carey, you are a force.