Sunday, June 08, 2008

Take a Seat


This is a picture of a chair that I recovered. I am so proud of it since this is my first attempt of upholstery. I bought the chair at Goodwill for $20 several months ago. It was decrepit, ugly, and had torn fabric and scratched wood. I saw great potential in it, however, and decided to give it another life. When I ripped out the previous upholstery, I discovered that the "padding" was actually aged straw and definitely not comfortable. I was surprised not to find a little pack of rodents living inside. So, after cleaning and sanding it, putting on several coats of stain and polyurethane, affixing new, foam padding, and nailing down fresh fabric, I've got a new piece of furniture for the house. Voila!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love it Carey! How CUTE! :)

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Great job! I love it! So crafty you are.