Sunday, June 15, 2008

La Cocina



We have officially started on our kitchen remodel project and it feels so good! Once you start, you can't go back. :) Chris is at it again, mastering the last room of our home with his construction skills. I came home from work today and everything has been sanded several times. All cabinets and doors. The kitchen is taped off and we have set up a makeshift kitchen in our living room. The mantel is for pots and pans, our fridge has it's temporary location next to the TV, bathtub has a dish drainer now for washing dishes, the window sill is for Ziplocks, aluminum foil, and plastic wrap, and my cutting board is resting on top of Chris's humongo speakers that we've still never sold. It's working and I'm enjoying it actually. We've got the grill and microwave to aid in satisfying our hunger. And I was thrilled to remember that I have a Crock Pot. I think today I'll use my 20% off coupon to buy an electric skillet at BB&B. I've been wanting one for awhile and this is definitely a great opportunity to use it. I'm pretending that this is one of my cooking challenges, like on Top Chef, to rise above the inconveniences of no stove and no oven and yet still produce wonderful meals! Or, I could use this next month as a break and take some time off from cooking at home...but that's nonsense. :) Chris, Marlow, and I are going to Lowe's in a few minutes to purchase a bunch of stuff on "the list." The fun stuff on that list include buying a new window (yay!!! our current one is so ugly and old), ordering the counter top (hip, hip, hooray!), and buying hardware (how much more fun can it get??). I'm having second thoughts about my paint choice for the walls, but will wait to make a final decision once the counters and tile backsplash are in. I need to paint a swatch and visualize it. So, that's what's going on here today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you. Finish your kitchen, sell your house and come live here! (This is my kind of fun too!)

Michelle said...

oh how exciting! i can't wait until i get a chance to come see your home. love you.