Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What We've Been Up To

Taste and See Fine Dining has been getting more business during the holiday season, so with cooking for my job and for my own business, I've been quite busy. Chris and I both work from home on Tuesdays. I think he started staying home because he liked the benefits of my leftovers from the day.

We hosted our first Christmas Party and 40-50 people came. I cooked to impress and hopefully it inspired some potential clients for 2008.

We attended a wedding last Saturday and we considered it a milestone since it was the first one we've been invited to from friends here in Austin. We still really love living here. After the reception, we party hopped the rest of the night, hitting up others' Christmas get-togethers.

I hosted a Cookie Exchange on Monday at my house. It was fun to just talk with friends and swap yummy recipes.

Last night we had dinner with the Hekmans for the last time until next year. We won't see them until we get back from Singapore at the end of January. We had pizza at their place, then walked around Zilker Park for the Trail of Lights.

This week I'm cooking a lot for 3 more parties, then off to Colleyville we go! Chris and I both are really looking forward to vacation where we'll hopefully do a lot of sleeping and just relaxing with his family.He's all ready for Christmas!

3 comments:

amanda said...

I attended a cookie exchange this year, and it was a lot of fun. It was a first for me. ;)

Michelle said...

i love marlow's sweater.

Anonymous said...

bahahaha....! poor marlow. you had forty plus in your house? thats awesome:) merry christmas