Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Letter 2007

Our Top 3 Events of 2007

Marlow

In February we drove to China Spring, Texas and picked out a tiny puppy to be part of our family. He’s an English Springer Spaniel and will turn one year old the day after Christmas. He’s now our 50 pound lap dog. Marlow has brought the both of us so much joy and lots of laughter, and I proudly admit that I am smitten with the little guy. He’s got the perfect energy level for us since we’re outdoorsy folks, but he’s also quite the cuddler and loves any attention he can get. I have especially appreciated his company when Chris has had to travel for work. It doesn’t get much better than a little, wiggly body happy to see you every day. We prayed for the personality of our future pet and God gave us our dream puppy.

Chef Carey

I (finally) graduated in July after a year and a half of culinary, enological, and nutritional studies. Upon graduating, I received a promotion to the position of Sous Chef at my job. It has been good to work under someone else’s management and to learn on someone else’s dime; however it has motivated me more so to get out on my own. Together, Chris and I have started our own personal cheffing business, Taste and See Fine Dining. I get to cook for weekly clients, dinner parties, showers, small catering events, and do nutritional consulting. Chris is my business manager, technical support, web advisor, and business accountant. J It has been very rewarding to work in an industry full of creative challenges, but also one in which I am able to use my gifts to bless others.

2606 Gets a Facelift

We have become good friends with the employees at the nearby hardware stores. We see them quite frequently and visit nearly every weekend. Since we became homeowners almost a year and a half ago, we’ve been going non-stop with remodeling. Both bathrooms received a complete makeover, we created a laundry room, and will soon be entering the demolition phase for our kitchen. I am constantly impressed with Chris’s abilities in the remodeling of our house. He has done an amazing job on everything. His dad has made numerous trips to Austin to help with nearly every step of the process. (THANK YOU!) It has been fun making our house into our home.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a year full of God’s blessings.

Chris and Carey Bonser

0 comments: