Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rest

"Resting in Jesus, I'm resting in Him. Putting my faith in His Word. Trusting, obeying, my Heavenly Friend. Resting in Jesus, my Lord." (Acapella Children)

For awhile there I was beginning to wonder...stress can take over life so quickly, and I admit that I get easily wrapped up in what's going on in the moment that I forget to keep life in perspective. But I've been able to step back now and see it as such a short time here on this little planet that I get to glorify my God and make much of Him each day I breathe air. Life is still busy for me, but I rest in Jesus and His sovereignty. I cast all my cares on Him. And it's so much better that way.

Last night I got to have some girl time, which was good for me and super-fun. Melanie and I went to Becky's and hung out with her and the girlies. We played with Madi and Peyton, dipped to make chocolate covered strawberries for an office birthday party today, drank some ritas, and watched the season finale of Dawson's Creek! We slept over, too. I really needed time away from the house and school stuff. They are blessings to me.

I had my midterm yesterday in my patisserie class, so I'm halfway done with it now..and after this class, only one more to go! This school year has gone fast, looking back. I'm still loving it and enjoying my job, too.

That's the wrap.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

rest is GOOD....you have been working HARD!