Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Taking Care of Today

So we moved in two weeks ago and since then, life has not slowed down. Chris is traveling and I am in charge of setting up home. How fun, you say? Oh yes, indeed, if I had time...but life has been very busy and chaotic lately. I start job # 2 tomorrow (which I'm super-excited about, by the way), I was in Dallas for the Labor Day weekend, and with working my other job approx. 20 hours a week, house-stuff hunting and yardwork and school 6 hours a day everyday, I'm realizing that a Sabbath in my life is way overdue. It's hard to just slow down and 'take in life' when my mind is consumed with to do lists and tasks to accomplish for the day. This is one of my greatest faults, I would say. It's easy for me to get caught up in what's going on in my life at the moment and completely forget about everything and everyone else but myself. Pretty selfish of me. But to be honest, when I have any free time at all, I usually just want to sleep. Nice, cold sheets. Three pillows. Heavy blanket. Curtains closed. Dark room. Alarm off. What could be better??

0 comments: