Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bon Appetit

I got my hair cut yesterday. I really like it, and hopefully I'll have a picture or two to post soon. This morning Chris and I are going to my school for the Gumbo Competition. I have several classmates who will be participating and it will be a great time for Chris to meet my Chef and friends. Monday I begin my first lab. It's Culinary Arts 101, and it's the saucier class: sauces, stocks, and veg. Here's a bunch of random stuff we'll be doing (according to my syllabus)... veal demiglaze, marchand du vin, shrimp bisque, corn and crab chowder with basil, brussel sprouts with prosciutto and pignoli, breaded mushrooms with horseradish-cream sauce, fresh spinach pasta, alfredo sauce, white clam sauce, gnocchi parisienne, feather dumplings in lemon-sage broth, hungarian potatoes, garbanzo beans with tomato, zucchini, and cilantro, and risotto alla parmigiana. Wow..I'm excited. That's just a brief synopsis, too. I'll let you know when I learn what all those words mean. :) Now that I'm in culinary school, I kind of wish I would have taken French or Italian instead of Spanish. Also today, we're getting Chris a framepack since he'll be camping in Tennessee next weekend. It will be cold, I'm sure, but he's really excited to be with his friends, Todd, Steve, and Ken.

0 comments: