Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dinner Party

Chris left Thursday night and flew to Indiana for his camping adventure with Todd, Steve, and Ken. They drove to Tennessee and are camping in the cold, rainy weather. They went last year, too, and Chris had such a good time. I know that it's really doing him some good to be with his friends and to get away from work.

This week for me, in my first cooking class, has been really stressful. To make the weekend a pick-me-up, I decided to have a dinner party last night. I invited all the women from our community group at church and some extras. There ended up being 4 people that came, and I would say that they were the four ladies that I don't know very well yet, so it was actually a huge blessing to be able to spend time with them and talk. We had dinner: Manicotti Italiani, Roasted Vegetable Medley, Challah bread, and New York Style Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping, and we planned on watching a movie together, but instead the conversation just naturally went really well and we talked until about 11:00pm when they decided to go home. I was encouraged and uplifted from those women.

It is a rainy, dreary day here in Austin, and it's reflecting my calm, quiet mood today. I loved being able to sleep in this morning, and having the entire bed to myself was great! :) I think it's the best sleep I've had since I've been married! Today I'm getting my hair re-cut because I am not pleased with how it was done last week. I'm also going to a friend's house to deliver all the of the junk food that's in our apt. I was looking through the pantry and frige last night and couldn't believe how much unhealthy, sweet foods we had...and we definitely don't need them around, so I'm going to let someone else have them around.

1 comments:

cory said...

Oh. Man. Carey.
Challah bread! Cheesecake! Manicotti! vegetables! processed sugar! is this a post designed solely to tempt peace corps volunteers? lunch today was peanuts and olives (which were really good, nonetheless).

anyway, glad things are going well in Austin.
be well.