Friday, December 09, 2005

Just Checking In




Let me tell you about these pictures. The first one shows what I am up to today...making Christmas cookies! I thought I'd take a picture of the table full of yummy items of which I will use in my baking.
Secondly, about 2 weeks ago, we bought a used (about 2 weeks old) furniture set; a sofa, loveseat, and ottoman. They look great and we got a really good deal on them, but once they were in our apartment we realized how badly they smelled of cigarette smoke. We hadn't noticed it before for some reason, but we are both sensitive to smoke, so we had to get something done. Monday we had them professionally steam cleaned and they smell great now, no sign of smoker's. We were really appreciative especially since we were having cancer boogers when we'd blow our noses (black!) and difficulty breathing! It's great to have a cancer-free home again.
Lastly, here's a picture of my wonderful 97-year old Grandma, Agnes. Actually, this is a picture of a photo of her that I made into a fridge magnet--so I can always look at her sweet face. :)

0 comments: