Thursday, December 08, 2005

Brrr

Never in my years at Purdue did they cancel or delay classes because of weather conditions. I remember my first winter there, having to walk through a foot or more of snow all the way from Stewart to my first class in Beering, which was normally about a 15 minute walk, but it took a lot longer that season. I would bundle up from head to toe, with my eyes being the only thing you could see. There'd be icy sidewalks and sludge to tromp through, yet classes were never cancelled. So it's a little odd to me that it's only 25 degrees here, no snow, some ice on the roads, and classes are cancelled. I'm certainly not complaining because I had a Physics exam on the schedule for today, and that would be my only class. So, now I'm contemplating starting on my Christmas cookie dough and freezing it until after Finals are over next week for when we'll be baking and distributing them to friends. We are determined to not turn on our heat all winter and so far we've done good. We are on the middle floor, so we receive heat from above and below. It's actually quick chilly today, but nothing that layers of clothing can't take care of. Coffee or hot tea sounds nice, but from my faulty endevour a couple days ago, I'm not so sure I'm up for it today. I bet it's quite the freezer up in Indiana. I talked to Dad last night and he said that they are expecting 6-7 inches of snow today and tomorrow. I like sweaters, cuddling up in a thick quilt, fire places, snowmen, and hot chocolate...but I think I'm getting acclamated well to this weather down South and enjoy not freezing all the time. Snow is pretty to look at and that's about it. I think I've officially been brainwashed by these Texans. Pretty soon I'll be buying out all the water and bread at the store when a few dustings of snow come like everyone else down here.

0 comments: