Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jumble of Tumble

We bought our first washer and dryer delievered to our apartment yesterday. Today we spoke with a real estate agent and our "mortgage mom" about details. We're still not sure if buying would be the best decision for us right now considering that in a few years, we might move so that Chris can go to seminary. We're not sure where yet, but that's a long-term goal of ours. It seems that we wouldn't get our money's worth out of such an investment in just 3 years, so we're praying about it to see what to do. We got to have lunch today with Greg, Lela, and April Leman. They were in town picking up their daughter, Jessica, from the airport for the holidays. We introduced them to Mama Mam's, the best Thai place in Austin. Their food is so good that when you eat it you just want to say, "Mama Mam!" We love the Lemans. They are such good friends to us and a huge blessing living just an hour and a half away. Hopefully we'll get to see them on our way up to Dallas for Christmas. Finals are this week. One down, three to go. It's difficult to get motivated to study since none of my classes will I need in culinary school. However, I don't know what's to come down the road. Who knows...maybe 5 years from now I'll be itching to get back into school and then my credits will be useful--even the classes I'm taking now. So I'll keep truckin.

Some of my reading tonight:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear..." (Psalm 46:1-2)

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine..." (Isaiah 43:?)

"Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's..." (2 Chronicles 20:5)

0 comments: