Monday, December 12, 2005

Cookies and Camping

Tonight I finished making all the dough for the 10 different kinds of Christmas cookies that we'll be distributing this year. Our freezer is packed. My original idea was to make about 5 kinds, but that fell through and I couldn't stop myself. I told myself that I wouldn't bake or decorate any of them until after Finals are over. So next week I'll get cookin.

This weekend we're getting kicked out of our apartment again for the Steam Team to try to really get the cigarette smoke out of the couches this time. We're hoping there's no odor left afterwards. Instead of bunking at the Fords' again, we're heading to Perdernales Falls State Park in Johnson City, TX--about 45 minutes away. We have a Poker Tournament/Christmas Party for Chris's work (Leave it to a bunch of single AMD engineers to play Poker for Jesus' birthday.) on Friday afternoon, and then we'll head out. We can't come back to our apartment until Saturday afternoon. It's giving us a good excuse to go camping. Hopefully our attempt will work out this time. I'm looking forward to hiking in a quiet forest with no interstates or concrete sidewalks nearby. I've almost forgotten what it's like.

0 comments: