Saturday, December 17, 2005

Perdernales






We had a good time camping this weekend at Perdernales Falls State Park, about 45 minutes west of Austin. It was the perfect getaway. It was great to just leave the city and drive somewhere nice and quiet. It is a beautiful park. We especially enjoyed hiking and rock-hopping at the falls. The actual camping part was fun, but I have to say that I didn't get very much sleep because of how cold it was. I literally put on all the extra clothes that we brought between the two of us and I still was freezing! I'd wake up throughout the night and my hands would be numb and I wasn't sure if that was from laying in a weird position and it cutting off my circulation or if I was just freezing in my sleep. Chris built a great fire before we went to bed and we ate a dinner of salad, and a foil packet full of potatoes, peppers, chicken, mushrooms, and onions. It was tastey. There's something about a campfire that makes life seem to slow down for enough time to catch a breath and keep on. I have a wonderful husband.

1 comments:

andy said...

yeah, you look tired...that's pretty country you found!