Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Happenings

 Lydia really is the sweetest little thing.  She's all smiles.
 It was laundry day 'round these parts.
 Vera tried to convince me to let Lydie sleep with her during nap time.
 This is one of my favorite cookbooks by one of the most inspiring food pioneers in America.
 My boy.
 Dinner prep
 She boycotted napping today but was clearly tired.  (Can someone answer me why both my girls suck the same fingers on the same hand?  It baffles me.)
I call Vera my sweet pea.
 She tried to "help" with laundry in the afternoon.
 Baking and cooking with Vera is one of my all-time favorite things to do.  She is so focused and loves having a project.
 We take full advantage of our backyard.
 We go on a lot of walks.  Vera insisted on being "warm" and wearing a coat and hat despite the fact it was almost 70 degrees today.  Texas girl.
 The afternoon was dragging so we loaded up and went to a store so I could return something.
 Finishing off dinner was quick tonight.
After the kids were down...Chocolate Tart with Whipped Cream.  We cut, slather, and eat standing at the counter.  No need for plates or forks here.

1 comments:

Danitad said...

Great photos. I took a class by Alice Waters at CM a few years ago. She was great. Such an interesting person. By the way you look fantastic.