Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Kind of Have a Thing for Lobal Decor

Hi, my name is Carey and I have an earring addiction.

When I was a little girl, pre-pierced ears, I would yearn for the pretty things that hung from cooler, older girls' earlobes.  I specifically remember an afternoon I was shopping at my all-time favorite preteen jewelry store and decided I was a 'dangly earrings' kinda girl.  I like studs and all, but I really liked the look of big, dangling, colorful, bright, unique earrings.  After much anticipation, my mom finally let me get my ears pierced at age 12.  I kept in the default cubic zirconia studs in my ears for the recommended 6 weeks, turned them every day and cleaned them gently with hydrogen peroxide.  Then at last the day arrived that I could remove those boring studs and don my sparkly girly dangly earrings.  I was a happy girl.  The end.

Annie said that you're never fully dressed without a smile, but I say, you're never fully dressed without earrings.  How about that?  Ha.

In a continued effort to reorganize, I took my jewelry box and found a way to display my earrings.  I'm thinking I'll be wearing them more often now.
(before)
(after)
I copied this idea from her.  I went to both Lowe's and Home Depot today and neither store had the decorative radiator plates that she mentioned, so I used this instead.  Now our bathroom wall is girl-ified.  :)

0 comments: