Saturday, November 12, 2011

Menu Making

I wrote a post awhile ago about my process of menu planning.  I get started mid-week and hope it is complete by Friday evening since I shop on Saturdays.  It is a task that usually takes a couple of days, but I love to see the week's menus come to completion.  (Okay, maybe I get a little too excited about it.)

Now that you know my process, here's another 'What We're Eating This Week' for ya.  For the sake of freshness, you'll notice we eat our fish first (fish deliveries arrive Tuesdays and Saturdays where I shop), then our meat, and onto the rest of the meals.  Sunday doesn't count though.  I'm off on Sundays.  That bread will be baked the night before and the slow cooker will be doing the magic for the chowder.

Sun.
Mon.
Trout with Almonds and Orange Zest
Porcini and Parsley Farro
Green Salad with Granny Smith Apples and Beets
Tues.
Turkey Burger with Spinach, Chevre, and Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
Wed.
 Night out with Girlfriends--frozen pizza for hubs
Thurs.
Wheat Couscous
Wilted Garlicky Spinach
Fri.
out with hubs
--
How do you plan your meals?  Any helpful tips?

0 comments: