Friday, November 11, 2011

By Far, Her Best Birthday Gift

My mom is an amazing woman.  One of her many gifts is being a skilled seamstress.  For Vera's birthday, I asked if she could make some doll clothes.  Not only did she exceed my expectations, but she went all out on the details.  The pictures don't do them justice.  They are just darling and Vera has had so much fun dressing and undressing (and dressing and undressing) her babies.  I am so impressed and wanted to brag.  :)
Different fabrics, textures, and styles of clothing to choose from.
She is so creative!!
 
What cute little details!
I love this little outfit. It makes me think of watching "Little House on the Prairie" growing up.  It's got little white pantaloons to go with it.
She topped off this project with a Purdue cheerleader outfit.  Perfect!

These are the types of presents that mean so much more than anything store bought.  Handmade by my mom, these are priceless gifts that we will treasure forever!

2 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

LOVE them! Your mom really is amazing!

jen said...

i love this. these are things vera can keep her whole life and pass on to her children one day. perfect gift!