Monday, October 10, 2011

Goal # 6: Accept the fact that I am not in Student Council and don't attend.

The last time my parents came to visit they left a carload of stuff that had been stored in my childhood home, to which I replied, "You mean I can't keep my stuff there forever?"  Apparently not.  But going through boxes upon boxes of stuff (dated back as far as 1987--I was 3 years old) has been a humorous and nostalgic process for me.  Yearbooks, scrapbooks, Valentines handwritten from 4th grade classmates, notes from friends that I'd saved (the kind that end with "Check yes or no."), and much more.  I have thrown out or recycled 99% of the stuff, however, I have saved a few gems that are blog-worthy.

For your evening chuckle, I came across "Carey's Goals," which from the looks of it were written by my mom for me in elementary school sometime.  There's no date, so I can't be certain, but I'm betting that I was pretty young.  Geez, I hope so at least.

I don't know if I like exposing the person that I was, but here goes!

Some favorite lines:  "and move away from them" and "Quit calling home."  Ouch.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness. I had a good laugh and I think I like you that much more!

JKreeger said...

I just laughed outloud for so long. I love you so much my carey.