Friday, October 07, 2011

Behold! {My Collections}

Sometime during early elementary school I remember learning what having a collection meant.  It was probably closely tied with the days of Show 'n Tell.  Kids would bring their collections of things; polished rocks, arrow heads, and the like.  I jumped on that bandwagon, too, and collected bookmarks and pencils.  I even have genuine pictures for a show 'n tell today.  Lucky you.

 Collected from many a family vacations.  Trolls were so in.
 A few of my favs.  My mom and I took an American Sign Language class together.  The ruler one would have been a helpful cheating studying tool.  U.S. Presidents stopped with Reagan.  I did, in fact, visit the Wisconsin Dells and have a never before used pencil to prove it.  And lastly, should I be embarrassed that I had no idea what minuend and subtrahend meant?
 My bookmark collection reminds me of a few characteristics about my grade school self:  I was kind of obsessed with Anne Geddes products (loved me some babies, even awkwardly posed ones), I loved all things Berenstein Bears, and again, trolls were cool.  Err, rad.  Err, bogus.  (What was the saying?)
--
In your elementary school days, did you have any collections?  Or did you watch 90210?  Or how about  actually keeping any of that stuff?  No?  Just me?  *Twiddling thumbs.

2 comments:

jen said...

i had a million different little erasers in different shapes-the lisa frank ones. do you know lisa frank? she was pretty cool back in the 80s. however, my mom made me trash most of them at some point.

Christy said...

I have been collecting keychains for years and have over 250+ of them. I am obsessed with pens and have a million. (OK, not really, but I have a lot.)