Thursday, September 08, 2011

Adventures in Thrifting

Chris had a conference call tonight.  Working from home, I left him "in charge" even though both girls were already in bed.  I had an errand to run and on the way back home stopped by the Goodwill.  If you know me you know that I LOVE thrift-store shopping.  There's something about digging through what looks to be piles of junk and discovering a gem.
I really loved these metal canary-yellow chargers, but there were only three.  They'd make fun wall art for somebody though.
Who doesn't need a cute clipboard?  However, I already own a boring functional one.
I did buy these though.  I found a great crafty idea that I plan to make for gifts.  I bought the entire box for $1.99, which means that for one ornament, the cost was 16 cents.  Steal!
Great bones to this piece.  It mostly inspired me to try out contact paper on the back of my china cabinet.  (I'm wanting to make our dining room less formal feeling.)
$6 Franko Sarto wedges with a peep toe half a size too small?  Absolutely!
--
Have you any great finds lately at a thrift store?

3 comments:

Hatch 5 said...

Oooh how did you pass up that china cabinet? Paint your ceiling a totally funky color to kick up the fun a bit in dinin room. Wish id have been with you!

Danitad said...

Wow, which Goodwill do you go to? I haven't been to one in a long time.

Carey said...

This was at the Brodie Goodwill near Slaughter. I also LOVE Savers and Thrift Town.