Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This Ain't No Leap Frog


There are so many neat learning activities for kids out there, but gosh, the costs can really add up.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather utilize stuff I have on hand without spending any money.  I used to be a scrapbooker/card-maker, but I have been freed from that bondage!  So I've got lots of extra supplies to use now for creating lessons for kids.
My friend gave me the idea of using poker chips for developmental lessons.  I decided that it's time we start teaching colors.  Vera's totally not there yet, but I figure repetition has to count for something, right?  For now she enjoys just 'clinking' the chips into the cups (extras I had on hand from hosting parties), but I hope working with her will help her comprehension.  I will have to try to dig up some more solid color paper, otherwise there will be important colors she won't learn because of me.  Just kidding.
--
What's your favorite color?

0 comments: