Thursday, August 11, 2011

One of Those Days

I am blogging this while sitting outside of Costco.

I left the house over an hour ago exhausted and with a migraine, needing to shop for a work event. The girls were down for their nap, so hubs would be able to chillax while I was gone.

First thing, upon entering Costco, I realize I cannot find my membership card. It's not in it's usual place. But then again, several other cards are missing from my wallet, too. I think a mischievous toddler is to blame. So I state my case to a disgruntled employee, get issued a temporary card, and head off to shop.

After a modest (for work) $300 bill, I steer my cart, full of mainly frozen items, in search of my car.  It takes me 20 minutes pushing the heavy thing because I couldn't remember where I'd parked.  And I had a slight suspicion that my keys were locked inside because I'd tried to use the alarm on the remote to help locate the car, but to no avail.

Suspicion was confirmed as I saw my keys resting on the driver's seat.

Predicament ensues. By now the girls have only been napping for an hour and my cart of shrimp and bacon and goat cheese and 5 lbs. of mushrooms are starting to get soft in the 100+ degree Texas heat.

I  called my knight in shining armor hubs to rescue me and he's on his way now with under-napped girls. It's all just annoying today, not to mention the sweat dripping down my back.
--
Tell me you've had days like this before. Care to share?


2 comments:

jen said...

nope. never ;)

call me next time something like that happens-i could have picked you up or brought you the extra key. hope your evening gets better.

Christy Keller said...

Been there, done that, got multiple t-shirts. Hope your day got better. :)