Monday, August 22, 2011

Foil Packet Dinner

I didn't go to the grocery store last weekend. I was lazy and we were all getting over the 24 hr. flu that invaded our house. I need to go at some point this week to get some odds and ends, one of which are more sweet snacks because I may or may not have eaten Vera's potty treats all gone. How she is satisfied with one mini M&M for each pee is beyond me. But hey, I'm not complaining.
Back to the food picture.
This is my kind of meal.  Foil packets are the easiest thing to throw together for dinner. I like them so much because they are not fancy, there's no clean-up, and they are prepped and ready to go at dinner time. I had some navy beans, instant polenta, goat cheese, julienned peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli on hand. I tossed the broccoli with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, but the rest I simply layered on top. Season with salt and pepper, then just seal the packet and stick in the refrigerator until about 30 minutes before dinner time.  Easy peasy!  This is a great "clean out" meal in the sense that you could add any number of elements in your pantry or fridge and it would be tasty.
To make it more 'husband-friendly,' add a protein or some bread on the side.
--
What's a go-to meal in your home?

1 comments:

Danitad said...

What a great idea. I never would have thought of adding polenta, which I have in the refrigerator right now and need to use. How long and what temp do you cook a packet with all veggies like your picture?