Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shame On Me, I'd Forgotten.

I'm reading "Heaven Is For Real," and it's good.  I'm only half way through, but mostly it has convicted me that I had forgotten the power of prayer.  How could I have forgotten, though?  Throughout my life, God has answered me on countless occasions, always taking care of me, always providing, always drawing me closer to Him.  But amidst life, it happened.

This book has brought me to my knees on a nightly basis on the floor of my girls' bedroom.  As they are sleeping, softly breathing in and out, I battle for them before the Lord laying prostrate before Him.  I beg God to give them the gift of salvation, most of all.  I ask for Him to give me wisdom in how I parent, to give me patience and love when I am lacking.  I pray that unity would be the testimony of our family.  I tell God all the ways I fell short of living righteously that day, describing the sin that was in my heart, even if on the outside I seemed put together.  

Prayer is for real.

What do you pray about?  Or do you do pray at all?

1 comments:

Laura said...

Good reminder Carey! Sometimes the enemy gets me going so fast that I dont make time or dont remember to pray. I am more like Martha than I care to admit. Sometimes I wish I was more like Mary, able to drop things and just sit at the feet of the Lord!