Monday, July 18, 2011

5-Minute Hot Fudge Sundae

 Talk about case of the Mondays.  I will spare you the details.  But the victorious part of my day is both girls napping at the same time.  For the past 3 months I have pretty much taken a nap everyday myself, but since Lydia is sleeping through the night now, I no longer feel that constant, lingering tiredness.  I can actually get stuff done.  Dinner, cleaning, yard work.  It's glorious.

I have been craving a hot fudge sundae for the past couple of weeks--pretty much right after my sabbatical from sweets.  Well, I finally got my hands on one today.  At 2:30 in the afternoon.  Why not?  This recipe seriously took less than 5 minutes from start to finish.  Make this!

Hot Fudge
adapted from Rachael Ray

8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (I bought 70% Callebaut tokens--love me some bitter chocolate!)
1/2 c. very strong black coffee
3 T. butter, cut into 3 pieces
4 T. heavy cream
1/2 t. cinnamon
your choice of ice cream and toppings

In heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate with coffee.  Once chocolate melts, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, cream, and cinnamon.  That's it!
I drizzled the chocolate over vanilla ice cream and sprinkled on my favorite nut in the whole wide world--Marcona Almonds!  Expensive, yes..but if you've got the cushion in your budget to splurge one week at the grocery store, you won't regret it.

0 comments: