Tuesday, June 14, 2011

There's 5 gallons of boob milk in my freezer and it needs a home.

I know this makes me a complete weirdo, and some of you might altogether stop following my blog after this, but I am excited that I'm officially a milk donor!  Maybe I'll never donate an organ, but at least I can donate this excess milk supply that I've got.  The best part is that it goes to benefit fragile and premature babies in Austin--that is something I can definitely get behind.  I also have a friend who is adopting and awaiting her baby.  It would give me so much joy to be able to help provide some milk for that precious one, too.  I figure if I've got enough to share, I might as well.  I remember hearing on the news that breastfeeding Red Cross volunteers were serving orphans in Haiti by nursing them after the earthquake.  Oh my gosh, I could totally do that.  To look into the eyes of sweet little babies who need nourishment and to be able to provide that for them?  Absolutely!

2 comments:

jen said...

um, is it creepy (or just plain weird) that i'm jealous of your ability to produce so much milk? here's to hoping the 2nd go around is a little more productive. ha.

amanda said...

I'm with Jen - totally jealous that you have so much milk. Not fair.