Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 12: What You Believe

I believe that regardless of one's skin color, sexual orientation, social standing or religion that all should be treated with respect and compassion.

I believe in treating animals with respect.  I don't like the idea of testing products on them, using them for science, or abusing them for entertainment's sake.  I'm okay with using them for food, but let's kill them in a humane way.  Quick and as painless as possible.  There should be a reverence about it when killing them because we are creatures created by the same God.

I believe that I am no better than someone on death row sentenced for murder.  I believe that I am no different than a drug addict living on the streets.  I believe that without the intervention and saving grace of Jesus that I would be no different than Hitler, Stalin, or a torturer.  I believe this because it's not just the actions that make us who we are, but it's what goes on in our hearts that determines who we are.

1 Timothy 1:15  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst.

I believe that regardless of what happens in life to my husband, children, family, friends, or material possessions, that God is sovereign, knows what is to come, and has my best in mind.  It may not seem like the best in the moment, but I trust in the Lord and He is my strength to bring me through any trial.

Job 1:22  The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.

2 comments:

jen said...

well put.

btw-pretty happy to see the blog come alive again. if only for 30 days :)

Kate said...

Carey this is beautiful!