Friday, February 26, 2010

more thoughts on running.

so i guess i'm a runner now? i'm really loving it. ran 5 miles again today. and this time under an hour. i've decided that my goal is not speed but distance. it feels so great to finish a long run and not be winded or have my heart rate sky-rocket. i'd like to get another pair of spandex shorts and eventually a new pair of good shoes. but for now, my $30 adidas are getting some miles. :) i'm trying to figure out a training schedule so that i don't overdue it or get injured. i know the consistency is going to be hard to keep, especially when i go out of town or am on vacation, but i need to figure out how to push through it and keep it up. i've never been an athlete, let alone a runner, so this is all new to me--but i love it!

2 comments:

jen said...

hey-i get women's fitness magazine every month and this month they had a training plan for running a marathon for new runners. they have it on their website too.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

I am so proud of you. I might even get inspired to start running again.