Monday, February 15, 2010

james 1:17

"every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father..."

it has been quite the challenge starting back to work while also taking care of the bug (a.k.a. my daughter), but i have to admit, it has also been very fun. i really love my work and it feels like quite an accomplishment to have built a business at the age of 22 (no credit due to me..read on) and that it is still succeeding, making a profit, and adding on new clientele each year. this last weekend was crazy-hectic, but worth it. and i've got a couple of catering events this week that will be rewarding. i absolutely love being in peoples' homes. whether it is celebrating a new arrival (baby shower), new commitment (engagement/wedding), or another one of life's festivities, i consider it an honor that people actually pay me to make food for them on their special day. i really love my work. and i know that it is absolutely by God's provision that i am even able to cook, let alone run a business...cuz Lord knows i am not gifted in that area at all. luckily He gave me a wonderful, organized, attentive, business-minded guy to marry that helps me out in the aspects in which i fall short. together we have figured a few things out and are enjoying seeing the growth of taste and see. i know that none of this is by my talents at all. all glory and credit goes to God. but i am very thankful that He's blessed me with a job that i enjoy so much and can do part-time as a mom.

0 comments: