Sunday, January 24, 2010

loving the hard-to-love.

i stink at it. i've really been convicted lately about how i rarely hang out with people like that. as christians, we are not called to always remain in our comfort zones. i want to be better at loving people who drain me emotionally, those who are so self-absorbed they make me want to scream my head off, those who put down others to raise themselves, and those who annoy the crap out of me.

any advice on how to do that? i don't even know where to start.

3 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

I wish I had advice for you. Because I'm so mean, those people don't want to be around me. But I know you, and I know'll you will accomplish whatever it is you put your mind to.

I love you!!

hollie marie said...

I dont know what to do either! I have a few coworkers that would fit that description and I go out of my way to avoid them!

Jenny Rose Ford said...

1. pray. for them and your heart.
2. memorize scripture that will help you battle in this area (I like Matt 5:43-48, another good one is in Romans 12)
3. confess to a friend and ask for accountability.

I too am asking God to help me love the unlovable this year. So far this method has helped me make some progress I hope. I love you CB!