Sunday, January 31, 2010

the chronicles of carey: january 31st

1995 (I was in 5th grade.)
I like to play with my doll house. I actually think it's too babyish, but I still think it's fun.

2000 (Classic boy troubles.)
I called him and told him my feelings. He seemed confused. He said he has feelings for me but that he doesn't know what that means. He said he doesn't want a long term relationship and that he's hesitant with the whole commitment thing. We decided that being friends for now is best.

2002
I am officially in the United States Army National Guard. I swore in today.

2003
Help me to understand how much You really love me. I know that You went to the greatest length possible to win me into Your kingdom. I feel like I see You as a God who only wants to get justice and unleash Your wrath to those who have sinned against You. But the cross shows that there is an abundance of grace and mercy extended to us, too. Forgive me for doubting it. I don't mean to discount what You did for me. I just want to understand.

2005
I've been hanging out every Monday night with a friend and we watch 'The Bachelorette' together. I can't think of a more useless show to watch, but it's a good excuse to spend time getting to know her better.

2006
I don't think I believe that God has given us only one perfect mate. I don't like considering it though, that there are others out there with whom Chris or I could have married and been just as happy. I always tell Chris that if I die someday, he should remarry because he is incredible and any woman would be lucky to have him. God really blessed me with a great man.

0 comments: