Monday, March 09, 2009

My Search for the Perfect Doodle

And I finally found it. This is the cookie I think of when I think of cookies from my childhood. Chewy, warm, cinnamony-sugar textured crunch. Divine.
I heart snickerdoodles.

2 t. cinnamon
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

Combine cinnamon and 1/4 c. sugar and set aside. Use to roll dough balls in.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one by one. Add vanilla. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir with whisk a few times. Add dry ingredients into wet mixture and combine. Rolls into balls and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Chill for at least one hour. Bake 10 minutes at 375.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

i have a pan in the oven right now! thank you for the recipe.