Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nature is All Around

One of the first things about this house that I loved was the unmaintained backyard. It almost feels like a mini state park. We feel very lucky to have so many trees for living within the city limits. I just watched a baby blue jay outside my front window. It was perched outside on the window sill, mommabird close by. And I've seen many baby birds in my life, but never a blue jay. This one looked very sweet and adventurous, even though it hadn't yet conquered the whole flying thing. I brought Marlow up close to look at it, and then he flew away a few feet until he touched down again. Also, right now there is a squirrel on our rooftop. It is caught inside the trap that was intended for the raccoon. It's loud, bouncing around the inside, trying to escape. Chris has come home everyday, having to release whatever non-target animal is inside then resetting it. We've caught doves, cats, and now a squirrel.

1 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Spring is great isn't? Totally God's gift for not burying ourselves in snow till we freeze to death. And then there are you Texas people. Do you guys have any other season than summer?