Saturday, April 26, 2008

What a Great Day!

Today was the best Saturday I've had in a really long time. After a long night of getting up every couple of hours because Marlow was sick, I was able to sleep in some. We headed to Town Lake for the morning to work out with friends. Marlow came along, of course. The weather was great! High '80s and mild sun. The trail was packed, but not so much that you couldn't enjoy it. The guys ran and Lydia and I walked with Marls. He got to swim a few times throughout our walk. We met the guys back at the water coolers and stretched. Then we headed out for lunch together. Our original plan was Flip Happy Crepes, however the line was way long, so instead we ended up at P. Terry's. And can I just say a shout out to P. Terry's? It was our first time eating there today and we loved it! Yummy food. It's Austin's version of In 'n Out Burger, I believe. Local, organic beef (although I had the veggie burger that was oh-so-delish), fresh cut fries from real potatoes fried in canola, fresh squeezed lemonade, etc. For a burger joint, you can't get much better than that. We topped off our meal with Coronas, of course. Only fitting for a hot, sunny day. And after stuffing ourselves with such a feast, we just had to go eat cupcakes at Hey Cupcake. What a day!

2 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

You always make me hungry woman! Stop it!!!!

Scott Hekman said...

:) loved me that beautiful saturday as well, Carey. Thanks for making it so special and I'm so happy that you had such a great weekend with my wife and Linsey. can't wait to celebrate your bday this friday!