Monday, April 14, 2008

Mmmm...Beets

I've been craving them. Roast 'em, chill 'em, peel 'em, dice 'em. Mmm. If you find yourself making a sour face or gagging because you think you don't like the friendly root vegetable, you may be missing out on something you might actually enjoy. Just TRUST me. Buy one and put it in a salad with oh...say, some red leaf lettuce, honey roasted pecans, Italian blue cheese with sherry vinaigrette (tonight's feast) and you might just be glad you did. Or like me, you'll know you like them from the color of your hands. They are oh-so-good.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

beets? hmmm. i don't know, but i am willing to try. do you remember in youth the little cartoon video with the stick figure holding a spoon and the banana? the stick figure keeps saying "the spoon is too big!" and then a banana walks out and says "i am a banana!"?? anyway that is what i thought of when i saw the drawing of the beet. loveyoumee.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Come visit me, and cook for me! You make me hungry!!!!