Sunday, April 06, 2008

Best Chocolate Buttercream Recipe Ever

From Bon Appetit: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/109248

I'm usually not crazy about using shortenings in my icings, but you really can't tell with this one and it's so creamy and delicious. If you have a strong aversion to shortening, omit it. You could replace it with butter and it will still turn out great. This recipe is definitely a keeper, and it does make a lot, so unless you are making a full sized sheet plan cake, then make half the recipe. That should be plenty, and if you have leftovers, just freeze.

1 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

I gave up store bought frosting two years ago, when I learned to make my own buttercream. (And got my Kitchenaid mixer!) I've been looking for a good chocolate recipe, thanks for doing my research! Love ya!