Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend

We took Marlow to the park on Saturday. Perhaps only dog lovers will understand this, but we really get so much joy seeing him enjoy life. When he's able to be off-leash and run, jump, swim, play, roll in the mud, and chase other dogs, it makes me happy. I feel like it's essential for his personality to be able to have those times. It engages his mind, presents challenges that he has to figure out on his own, and the woods is just a place of stimulation for him. I like to see my dog happy.

Yesterday was a productive day at the Bonsers'. Chris has been working to enclose our laundry room for the past several weeks now. I'm continually amazed at his remodeling skills and I love his work ethic. When he sets out to do something, he truly does it with excellence. And because of that great quality, whoever buys our house someday will reap the benefits. He finished the electrical and put up insulation in the laundry room. Whenever we rip open walls and such, we always find surprises such as exposed live wires and aged rat poop and a rusty tin can with $500 in it. Just kidding on that last part. I keep hoping to find a hidden treasure within our walls though. Yesterday I ran a few errands in the morning, getting a new Brita pitcher, buying round two of curtains for the dining room (hopefully these look better, if not, they're going back where they came from), and of course stopping by the hardware store for a few extra odds and ends. We ate lunch and I got started on the front bushes. I hear you're supposed to trim them down before Spring time and if you feel like you're really hacking them off, then it's probably the right amount. I always love to see their fast growth once the warm weather returns...which it has. It's been consistently in the high '70s to high '80s all week. I love Springtime in Texas, but it's always too short.

1 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Got houses for sale near you? I would LOVE some weather above 40! Lucky girl!