Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Under the Weather

When Chris and I returned from our trip, he was at the brink of his illness with flu-like symptoms, feeling achy and naucious and fatigued. It's been about 2 weeks since we've gotten back and he's still not completely back to normal. He's going to the doctor this morning. I got the bug on Saturday. It was strange. I went to bed Saturday night completely fine, feeling normal and healthy. I woke up at midnight and every hour from then until about 7am getting sick and then returning to bed. At one point, I just brought my pillow and a blanket to the bathroom floor with me. The cool tiles felt good on my feverish body anyway. And it lasted all day Sunday. I'd move only to lay down on the couch in the livingroom or go to the bathroom, not even holding my head up all day, but just propping it up with pillows to catch some glimpses of the Superbowl before falling asleep again. Not fun. I woke up Monday feeling a lot better, but not completely back to normal. I had to move slower, and I called in sick to work, so I just rested and still did a lot of laying around. I managed to take the trash out and get some string cheese from the fridge, but that was about it. So far today, feeling back to normal. It's weird how the flu just gets you out of the blue like that, sometimes with no warning at all. I know it's going around quite a bit this season, but I hope it doesn't choose you.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

i hope you feel 100% soon. i'm sending you wishes of warm chicken soup and a big fluffy blanket.

also. i am working up the courage to fly by myself and then i will try to make it in may.

love you mee.