Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thunder

A thunderstorm woke me up. It was so loud it sounded like it was on top of our house. I went to check on Marlow and he was really scared and shaky, so I took him to the guest room with me and layed down. (That's the bed we occasionally let Marlow on.) Chris came in to find me, which was sweet, and we listened to the rain and thunder. In its chaos, it is still somewhat peaceful to listen to. I couldn't sleep, so I just decided to get up and read a book, then it turned into checking my email, and now this. :)

This weekend we are looking forward to visiting with Matt Clinger and Andrew and Whitney Jones. They will both be in town and they're stopping by to see us. Also, for a week, we will be keeping Jackson, Marlow's friend. Jackson's parents are going on vacation, so we'll be watching him while they're out of town. Marlow will love having a companion to play with.

Next week I'll be going to a children's ministry conference in Atlanta with a team from my church. Plane ticket, hotel, and registration fees are covered, so it will be a fun mini-vacation. I'm really looking forward to getting to know some others from our huge church just a little better.

0 comments: