Friday, May 11, 2007

My Birthday



I had a great birthday on May 9th. Aaron and I turned 23 years old. I was actually in Atlanta for the week, but I got back yesterday afternoon. Chris had made reservations at a restaurant that was on the top of my "Must Eats" list--Aquarelle. Wow, what an amazing dinner. I would venture to say that it was the best I've ever had. I wonder if it's because I didn't have to make any of it. It's interesting eating food now that is prepared and made in just the same way that I could do it, but I am by no means an expert chef yet, so I always enjoy getting to eat out. Aquarelle serves classical French cuisine, what I studied in culinary school. It's fun to look on the menu and know exactly what every item was. We chose our appetizers and entrees before we selected our wine for the evening--a very nice bottle of Domaines Schlumberger Gewurztraminer, 2002. This particular one was a dry one from the Alsace region in France and had a particular spicy flavor with floral aromas, as well as petrol and pee...yes, it's true. But man oh man was it good with our dinner selections of a Pan Roasted Gulf Red Snapper and my Rabbit Loin with Artichokes. With an amuse bouche, demitasse, and dessert, we had a total of a 7 course dinner. I'm used to making these for other people, not actually being served. It was a GREAT gift to eat such a great dinner! Thanks, husband! :)

Also, thank you to everyone who called, emailed, text-messaged me, sent gifts, and left messages on my "wall." I felt very loved on my birthday this year.

0 comments: