Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Day of Thanks

I just had a nice latté and my belly is warm inside. We woke up this morning and ate the famous cinnamon rolls for breakfast with the in-laws, Josh, and Laura. After playing cards for awhile, we are each doing our own thing to relax. Last year we were with my family for Thanksgiving and it's always so much fun because we get together with the entire extended family on the maternal side; 20-something people. This year I'm with the Bonsers and it's fun, too, just different.

Last night I had a dream that my twin brother was loving to me. When I think about it now, I really know it was a dream because I don't remember the last time he showed me love. That's been a personal frustration in my life for the past year...and a constant prayer of my heart. I can't express enough how hurtful, lonely, and painful this journey has been for me. My only hope is to grasp tightly to the One that I know will never leave me or forsake me. That's the thing that keeps me going each day.

It's been awhile since I've sat down to think about all the ways my God has provided, restored, and loved me. I confess that I have been consumed all too much with my measly life. It has been such a lonely year for me. I have gotten way too caught up in it lately and have not praised Him nearly enough in this chapter of my life. The deepest, truest desire of who I am is simply this...that at the end of the day, my God is glorifed.

0 comments: