Friday, October 13, 2006

Time to Slow Down

Chris and I have both been working a ton, but now I have strep throat, so I think that's a reason to slow down. Miraculously, my two events this weekend for work got cancelled, so I have 3 whole days of absolute, committment-free bliss. And even better--I have no school on Monday! If I feel better, we are planning to head out to Enchanted Rock State Park for some hiking. I have felt guilty for awhile now that since I've been working so much, Chris has been getting my leftovers. Leftovers of time, energy, happiness, etc. We had a couple of hard days there, but nothing that some quality time together couldn't fix. We love each other a lot, but we are constantly learning how to love well like Jesus does for us. He does that really well.

I don't remember the last time I had extra time...so this is really wonderful. I took a 4-hour nap after school today, took a shower, did dishes, walked to our mailbox to get the mail, sent out some emails, looked through pictures, planned a menu for next week, and wrote a card. Really, as silly as this is, I am joyful to have time to slow down. Tonight Chris and I are doing a Prison Break marathon, I hope. And maybe some ice cream. Because it's good for my throat, right??

1 comments:

Michelle said...

iloveyou...get well soon love.