Saturday, September 23, 2006

Work, Carey, Work. Work, work, work. See Carey work.

Yesterday I was on my feet from 5am, when I woke up, until 12:30am, when I got home from work. I went straight from school to work and straight from work to bed. I worked an event last night at a ranch house in Dripping Springs, and I think it might have been the most expensive house I've ever stepped foot in--definitely a multi-million dollar property. It was unbelieveable; very modern/contemporary interior design, which didn't make it feel quite as homey and comfortable as our 1300 square-foot home with an overgrown backyard, a tree house that needs to be torn down, and lots of other never-ending house projects. I'm glad we have our home. But the event was fun and it was an awesome experience. This one was a 12-course meal for top contributors to the Austin Lyric Opera. We had a private concert at the house, too. That was cool.

I have the day off today, but work tonight. Chris is discipling a college student and is meeting with him this afternoon, so I'm in charge of watering the grass, taping Chris's office for painting, and making a list of goals for our house. When he gets back, we'll paint it, take a walk this afternoon, and hopefully have time to watch some college football together before I head off to work.

I've got one week left in my P&B class, then Garde Manger. That will be my last class before my internship. I'm really getting burned out with school, but am trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I was thinking how less complicated my life will be beginning next year because I'll consolidate two jobs and school into one full-time job. That seems pretty good right now.

0 comments: