Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Saturday Night...Not at the ACL Fest

Chris is home! I picked him up from the airport this morning at 8:50am, drove home, dropped him off and headed to babysit familiy #1. 3 kids. We played with Barbies, watched "Spirit," ate pizza for lunch, played with trains, and I put the youngest down for a nap. I went home and it was so good to finally go home to my husband who's been out of the country for 3 weeks. He was anxious to work in the yard, and it looked great when I returned. We have our work cut out for us though as far as seeding in the Spring, planting a garden, trimming dead limbs in our trees, and possibly routing out a sprinkler system. Lots of projects. (I want to mention how much I love Chris! I am so blessed to have him as my husband and share life experiences with him. I started praying for the man I would marry when I was 10 years old, and God surely answered my prayer.) We had planned to eat our dinner together after grilling on our new grill, but we couldn't get it to turn on for some reason, so we opted for cooking it in the oven and over stoptop. We made chocolate-covered strawberries, too, a favorite dessert of ours since we started dating. Chris really tried to stay awake, but he was struggling from jetlag. He finally went to bed not too soon before I left to babysit for family #2. And that's where I am now...while many are at the ACL Fest. I'm at a house in the 78704 neighborhood. Very chic house. Nolan is 10 months and he's sleeping. I talked to my mom on the phone, tried to call JMK (you know who you are), flipped channels for awhile, settling on Iron Chef America, and now doing this. Still an hour or so to go. I'm looking forward to returning home once again to my hubby. I love his company. :) And I'm looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow, getting up when we want, maybe going to play discgolf, working in the yard, or going running together. What fun life is with the one you love. Praise God.

0 comments: